XSitePro 2.5 Now Released!
Current XSitePro users download XSitePro 2.5 here
Purchase XSitePro 2.5
Sign up for the
XSitePro 2.5 webinar
XSitePro 2.5 New Features (the movie)
Here are some of the highlights -
- Over 200 new Professionally designed templates
- Tons of new clip-Art and images (web 2.0 on steroids)
- New menu styles that look fantastic
- New designs for the Search Box
- New designs for the Form Wizard
- Quick Pages - Lots of new types and styles
- Easily add your website name and slogan to the header area
- Add Facebook "Like" widget with a couple of clicks
- Add Twitter "Share" widget with a couple of clicks
- Quick Content - Testimonial Boxes, Headers to go directly above your content, dividers and much more
- Keyword Replacer
- RSS Wizard - PHP enabled
- Click Bank Widget - Set up clickbank products and hopads without leaving XSitePro
- Webhosting - Find domain names and hosting without leaving XSitePro
Here is a full list of the changes from XSitePro version 2.1 to XSitePro verison 2.5
Changes between v2.1 and v2.5
1. You can now choose whether custom scripts replace or are included in addition to global
2. Exceptions caused when when trying to register XSitePro without an internet connection have been
3. Code added to help prevent infinite loops when using the token.
4. Multi-level siloing no longer causes \ instead of / in the Google Sitemap paths.
5. When External Links appear in bulleted subpage lists they can now be styled in the same way as normal pages.
6. The Forms Wizard has been updated to use the new form parameters required by GetResponse.
7. The Forms Wizard has also had some anti-spam features added to prevent the automated submission by bots.
8. The link editor in the designer has been changed to add "http://" to the url box when you select "http" from the
type dropdown. - Previously it was only adding "http:"
9. The font drop down in the style tabs of the designer property windows have been updated to include the full list
available in the main designer window.
10. Transparent backgrounds are shown with a pale checkered background in the Designer windows.
11. When overwriting an existing template, the screen shots are now created correctly.
12. The Main Panel Header and Footer height is no longer being incorrectly reported as zero in the Page Layout
13. The preview appears correctly for advanced text boxes
14. The RSS feed wizard now allows the links to open in a new window.
15. You can now continue to use XSitePro when you have the notes window open.
16. The embed code created by the Video Wizard when just inserting a .swf file without conversion is now closing
the html tag correctly.
17. The Forms Wizard can now be aligned on the page using the normal alignment controls in the designer.
18. Custom onload events, rollover images and pop-ups can now be used on the same page without conflicting.
19. The links page description is now used for the sitemap as well as the meta data for the links page.
20. The header background image is now appearing correctly in the designer
21. An issue with multiple banner rotators on the same page has been resolved
22. You can now insert widgets into the page without forcing a paragraph break.
23. The Google Sitemap entry is now correctly added to the robots.txt file
24. The links manager now correctly handles character casing when grabbing the screenshot. It also handles pages
where the keywords and description tags are unquoted.
25. When creating a site from a template, any pages in that template automatically pick up on the new sites
26. The close button for Lightbox images is now visible on siloed pages
27. Repeatedly clicking the color changer in the designer no longer generates a debug message
28. The horizontal alignment of Search Forms now works in all browsers.
29. Furl and Sparking have been removed from the Social Bookmarking module because they are no longer
30. Improvements to the processing of Flash content during Page Analysis
31. Links Manager no longer tries to use Autofill when no URL present.
32. PayPal "Buy Now" buttons changing image issue resolved.
33. FAQ now takes " and ' characters
34. Forms Wizard Thank you page is no longer lost when XSitePro is closed.
35. Site Search text labels no longer trim blank space from the start or the end.
36. Web pages with the same file name no longer cause an issue during preview / publishing.
37. Page breaks in Mobile Wizard are now created using the correct file extension.
38. An Exception when loading the Mobile Wizard module in 2.118 has been fixed.
39. The designer will no longer insert %20 between words when you have an image with no extension in the Resource
40. The Project Selection screen and Web Site Template Selector now sort in the same way as Windows (sorting
numbers numerically instead of alphabetically)
41. Instructions have been clarified on the Google Sitemap settings screen.
42. There have been reported incidents where a Site Search form can lose it's settings when publishing, or
exporting a site. Changes have been introduced to prevent this.
43. Numbers are now recognised in your keywords when the page analysis is being performed.
44. The menu option for changing a table header to or from a table cell was incorrectly labelled as tr <-->
td. This has been corrected to th <--> td.
45. Copyright messages have been updated.
46. During import/export, the placeholders for widgets, adsense and other XSP elements are now updated in custom
right panels. Previously, these were being missed.
47. Setting the nofollow tag in newly created links now holds.
48. You can now rename an anchor by right clicking on it and bringing up it's properties.
49. The anchor placeholder is no longer becoming invisible when switching between the design, source and other
50. Creating a link at the very end of a panel no longer causes the link to be removed when switching tabs if there
was a blank space at the start of the line.
51. Nested font tags are no longer causing the generation of the mobile site to fail during publishing.
52. Extended character sets are now displayed correctly in advanced text boxes and testimonial boxes.
53. When a pop-in was being shown on a siloed page when the images folder had been renamed, it was not showing
images correctly. This is now resolved.
54. It is now possible to have multiple "Image Rotator" widgets on the same page with different image sets.
55. Issues introduced in 2.121 which caused a problem with home links if your home directory was entered as / have
56. There is no longer an error generated when you are importing a website that contains PayPal buttons when you
haven't already added a PayPal button to one of your own sites.
57. The new basic tutorial is included with this update and can be found in My Documents\XSitePro-Data\Tutorial
(unless you changed the default location of the XSitePro-Data folder when you first installed)
58. There is now an option in the Help menu for disabling your current copy of XSitePro2 in order to free up a
license for another computer.
59. New registration code entry control with easier pasting of entire code.
60. The setting in the Links Manager to open links in a new window now works across all of the link structures.
61. More changes to resolve issues introduced by IE8 - including anchors losing their names when switching between
62. Images in the dynamic menus are now preloaded to eliminate any initial delay in the mouse over effects.
63. The references to images in Pop-Ins have been altered so that they now appear correctly when previewed in
Firefox and Chrome.
64. There has been a fix for the ftp process when using active mode to publish a site larger than 1mb which was
causing the process to fail on some systems.
65. Hyphenated words in the page title are being now being reported correctly on the page analysis tab.
66. The default url for the successful purchase with a PayPal button has been updated to reflect changes to
67. If you have set up the parents of some web pages and somehow caused a loop, this now rectifies itself.
68. Optimization of the site generation process to eliminate unnecessary looping and improve speed.
69. Changes to the designer to fix issues that were introduced with RC1 of IE8. This included being unable to get
the properties of widgets and other elements in the right click menus.
70. Category alignment in dynamic navigation menus now works correctly in FireFox.
71. When inserting a video, a splash screen is now created even if you are adding an flv file that doesn't require
72. You can insert comments at the top of source tabs without XSP forcing an empty paragraph above.
73. The XML Syndication toolbar button is now disabled when it is not possible to use it.
74. The Office II dynamic menu no longer creates missing image placeholders when you change the background color of
the selected item.
75. Better resource cleanup after video conversion.
76. There was a problem with the content of custom right panels being lost if you were editting a page that had
been copied from another - this is now fixed.
77. Popup previews in the list of popups are now generated more reliably if you are including images on them.
78. An issue which arose in version 2.132 causing navigation menus and sometimes the entire page layout to
disappear has been resolved.
79. This fix also addresses the problem with the disappearing links pages when the speed improvements are applied
in v2.130 and later.
80. Twitter has been added to the list of available social bookmarks.
81. An issue with panel widths being shown as 0 instead of the actual value on the Page Layout tab has been
82. An error to do with drag and drop registration on the publishing progress form in 64 bit windows has been
83. Problems with the designer becoming unregistered and causing evaluation messages to appear on your published
website have been addressed.
84. Placeholders (e.g. [BULLETED_SUBPAGE_LINKS_WITH_DESCRIPTIONS]) no longer appear in your sitemap when you choose
to use the first X words of the body content as the page description.
XSitePro 2.5 New Features (the movie)